& Chamber Orchestra
1. Unity in diversity (Fabrice Alleman / arr. Michel Herr)
2. Between you and me (Fabrice Alleman / arr. Michel Herr)
3. Tema de Malea (comp./arr. Lalo Zanelli)
4. Beauty where it is (comp./arr. Michel Herr)
5. Summertime (George Gershwin / DuBose Heyward / arr. Fabrice Alleman & Michel Herr)
6. What's love (Fabrice Alleman/arr. Michel Herr)
7. Bridges (comp./arr. Michel Herr)
8. Dawn and twilight (comp./arr. Michel Herr)
9. J--J (Fabrice Alleman/arr. Michel Herr)
Fabrice Alleman - soprano saxophone
Vincent Bruyninckx - piano
Sam Gerstmans - double bass
Frédéric Jacquemin - drums
+ guests :
Philip Catherine - guitar (in "What's love")
Fred Favarel - guitars (France) on # 3, 5, 7, 9
Minino Garay - bombo, percussion (Argentina) on # 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9
Orchestre de Chambre de Liège - strings
Ensemble Quartz - winds (2 flutes, oboe/English horn, bass clarinet, 2 French Horns)
Ingrid Procureur - harp
Recorded at Dada studio, Brussels, Belgium, in 2016, 2017. Additional recordings at Acoustic Recordings Studio by Jarek Frankowski.
Released on October 13, 2017.
CD (Cyprès Open CYP0610).
See also some photos of the recording sessions.
Read more about the Udiverse project.
From the liner notes :
"This project is an adventure, probably the most important one in my life as a musician: I wanted to know who I am as an artist, a composer, a saxophonist and quite simply as a man. Ten years to think about it, including five years to develop it, and one additional year of recordings, post-production, mixing, design have created UDiverse (Unity in Diversity), a unique musical suite for soprano saxophone and chamber orchestra which brings together my roots, influences and sensitivity. But it is other people who help you to discover who you are.
I'm so grateful to Michel Herr for his total commitment, his humanity, his friendship and his talents as composer and arranger. Without him UDiverse would probably not exist. "
The press / La presse