Compositions by Michel Herr
1. LEAD SHEETS
(just a selection, far from exhaustive !)
1) Some of those compositions have been arranged for several horns (2-6).
2) Not included in this list are several compositions directly written for 2 horns or more, for jazz groups and strings, chamber orchestra, etc...What you find in the list above are basic lead sheets (made in Finale and converted to pdf).
3) A global list of recorded compositions is available here.
4) Take a look at the Audio/Video page for some examples.
5) All works are protected by Sabam (B) and submitted to authors rights. All rights reserved.
2. COMPOSITIONS FOR BIG BAND
(not exhaustive !) :
Song for Lucy
Out of the silence
Song for Micheline
1. Celebration suite
The next 20 years
2. Flagey, a new era
These pieces were recorded by the Brussels Jazz Orchestra on the cd "The music of Michel Herr".
The album can a.o. be purchased from the on-line shop of W.E.R.F. records (audio excerpts available) as well as a download on the iTunes Store.
A hip taxi (not recorded)
For peanuts (for Act big band)
Take a look at the Audio/Video page for some examples.
Besides his compositions (jazz and film music), Michel Herr has written hundreds of arrangements on pieces by other composers, sometimes commissioned by bands or soloists, for all kinds of ensembles : jazz + chamber orchestras, string ensembles, big bands, etc...
For more info :